Frankfurt on Foot Original Tour is a 3-4 hour, easy walking tour that takes place 365 days a year. We start at 10:00 and meet at Braubach Strasse 41. This tour is only offered in English
We visit many of the highlights of the city, revealing the long, fascinating history of Frankfurt. We take you to places that the tour buses can’t and leave no carbon footprint. We have searched high and low for many of the secret gems of Frankfurt that will make your visit to Frankfurt memorable.
All tours are in English.
We want our walking tours to be affordable for everyone
Adults –18 €.
Students, Seniors, Military – 15 €.
Kids 12 and under are free
Show your Rick Steve’s Germany book for a 1 euro discount.
(Only 1 discount per person)
If you have a large group, please contact us ahead of time (at least 24-48 hours’ notice) so that we can arrange a separate guide for you, as well as a special price.
This tour takes place 365 days a year, holidays included, and in all weather
– The Römer and the Römerplatz. City Hall since 1405 and old town square.
– Book Burning Memorial, site of the Nazi book burning
– Alt Nikolai Church, Gothic church, built in 1290
– House Wertheim, the inner city’s only original half-timbered house left at the end of World War II
– Eisener Steg, a pedestrian bridge over the Main river, offering a great view of the skyline and the many museums lining the riverbanks.
– St. Bartholomew, better known as the Kaiserdom, Imperial Cathedral was chosen as the site for Coronations and Elections of the Holy Roman Emperor for centuries
– Jörge Ratgeb Wall Paintings in the Karmeliter Cloister, the largest religious wall paintings north of the Alps, painted in the early 1500s.
– Stumble Stones, or in German, Stolper Steine. We show you this unique way of remembering many of the victims who lost their lives due to the Nazi regime.
– Jewish Holocaust Memorial Wall, we visit this very personal Memorial that the city of Frankfurt has chosen to honor the memory of the approximately 12,000 Jewish citizens of Frankfurt who were killed in the Shoa. Anne, Margot, and Edith Frank are included on this wall of remembrance.
– Medieval Jewish Cemetery, one of the oldest and largest Jewish cemeteries in Germany
– Jewish Ghetto Wall, once part of the city defenses in 1180, it later became one of the walls that surrounded the Jewish ghetto.
– Klein Markt Halle, A favorite on the tour, this is a wonderful produce hall, filled with fruits, vegetables, chocolate, pastries, cheeses, breads, meats and fish, and delicacies from around the world. (not on Sundays and holidays)
– Hauptwache, historic Frankfurt landmark
– Bull and Bear and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
– Eschenheimer Turm, original guard tower, once part of the city defensive walls
– Goethe House, we view the house where Goethe was born and explain why he is Frankfurt’s favorite son.
We try to be as accurate as possible with our information, but never boring. Our tours are more than just plain, dried facts and dates! Along the way, we answer any questions you might have about Frankfurt and Germany. We can give you advice on where to eat, where to shop, what museums to visit, along with information about local events and how to find them.
Meeting point is on Braubachstrasse 41, in front of the Binding Schirn cafe, by the Römer, and across from the Tourist Info office. Trams #11 or #12, stop is Römer / Paulskirche. Using the S-Bahn, get off at the Hauptwache stop, and walk straight down Neue Kraemer to Braubachstrasse.
Tour starts at 10:00
To call: Outside of Germany – (+49) 1520 846 4200
Inside Germany with a German phone – 01520-846 4200
Wear comfortable walking shoes!
Braubachstraße 41, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Transiting through Frankfurt airport with 7 hours or more between flights?
Reserve a Layover / Stop-over Tour with Frankfurt on Foot, and enjoy an interesting, memorable visit to Frankfurt. We take care of the details, so you don’t have to.
If you prefer to meet us in the city rather than at the airport, please request a Private Tour.
Basic Layover Tour Package (2 hours) – 150 € for one person, 10 € for each additional person
Includes us meeting you at the airport, assisting you with storing your carry-on and getting cash if needed, a 2-hour tour of the city, and bringing you back to the airport. Your train ticket for the day is included in the price. All Tours are in English.
Additional hours can be added to your tour at the rate of 70 € per hour. This is a total price, not a per person price. For groups larger than 10 people, the additional hours are 80€ per hour
All prices are in Euro and include 19% VAT
Please fill in all of the required fields on our request form below, and we will write back to you as soon as possible, with instructions on how to confirm your booking, how to pay your deposit, where we will meet you, and answer any questions you might have. Please read our rates and conditions before requesting a tour.
It is very important that we have your complete flight details, airline, flight number, arrival time and departure time, as this lets us see how long of a layover you will have.
If you are flying to Frankfurt from North America or South America, remember that you will land a day later than your departure date.
We answer all tour requests within 24 hours; if you have not heard from us please check your spam/ junk folder and/or double-check the email address you gave us.
Once we confirm that we can offer you a tour on the date and time of your choice, we will request a 50 € deposit through PayPal. On the day of the tour, you would pay the guide in cash, the remainder of your tour fee, minus the deposit.
For example: 2 people have reserved a basic tour package which costs 160 €, they have paid a 50€ deposit and on the day of the tour, they would pay the guide 110 €. If they would tour an additional hour, they would pay the guide 180 €.
We usually meet our guests at the Meeting Point in the terminal they arrive in. There is only one Meeting Point in each terminal: In Terminal 1 it is by Arrival Gate B-1; in Terminal 2, it is in front of Arrival Gate E.
If you have carry-ons, there is a luggage storage facility near both of the Meeting Points and we can assist you in getting your bags stored as well as finding an ATM if you need euro. Make sure you have notified your bank that you are traveling in Germany so that your ATM card will work here.
We do not recommend using money exchanges.
Please read our rates and conditions before requesting a tour.
Have you just moved to Frankfurt and would like an orientation tour to help you get settled, learn how to use public transportation, and find all the stores you need? Would you like us to plan a personalized or themed tour for you or your group? Our Private Tours offer you the chance to see Frankfurt at its best and at a reasonable, affordable price.
We will meet you in the city at the time and place of your choosing, in your hotel lobby, at the main train station (Hauptbahnhof), or any other central location that you prefer. We can show you all the charms of the city, places that you wouldn’t find with just a map or a guidebook or sitting on a tour bus! We are a green business, using only public transportation and walking.
If you would prefer that our guide meets you at the airport, please read about our Layover Tours.
The button to book your tour says to call us, but an email is better: email@example.com
Simply fill in the request form below, and we will do everything we can to accommodate your schedule and tour ideas.
Our private tour prices are 70 € per hour for groups of 1-10, with a 2-hour minimum booking. This is a total price and not a per-person price.
If your group is 11-20 people, the price is 80 € per hour.
If your group is larger than 21 people, we would suggest booking a 2nd guide for a higher quality tour.
Payment can be with cash or by invoice.
If you would like the guide to meet you at a hotel that is not in the city center, we will let you know how much public transportation costs will be and help you get a ticket on the day of the tour, but with the addition of travel costs and time for the guide added to the price of the tour.
Please fill in all the necessary fields, and we will write back to you as soon as possible, with instructions on how to confirm your booking, how to pay your 25 € deposit, where we will meet you, and answer any questions you might have about the tours or Frankfurt itself. Please read our rates and conditions before requesting a tour.
We answer all tour requests within 24 hours; if you have not heard from us please check your spam/junk folder and/or double-check the email address you gave us.
* Original Frankfurt Tour
* Frankfurt New Alt-Stadt
* Frankfurt Main Cemetery
* America and Frankfurt, our Special Connections
* American Military in Frankfurt 1945-1995
* 3rd Reich in Frankfurt
* Medieval Churches of Frankfurt
* Jewish Heritage and Cultural Sites
* Jewish Cemetery
* Personal Shopping Assistant
Frankfurt Region tours:
* the Rhine – we create a tour just for you
* Eltville & Eberbach Monastery
If you would like a specialised tour of Frankfurt, a tour to another town or the Rhine, please let us know what your interests are and we will plan a personalised tour for you. If you would like us to meet you at the airport, please fill out our Layover Tour request form instead of this one. Please read our rates and conditions before requesting a tour.